Thursday, March 22, 2018

Funny Stuff: Yosemite Sam and Bugs Bunny-Art By Fred Abranz

Has Ol' Groove ever mentioned that he absolutely loves the old Looney Tunes cartoons? Fave cartoons of all time. As much as I dig Bugs and Daffy, the character that tickles my funny bone the most is Yosemite Sam. Did'ja know that he had his own comic from Gold Key? No Jive! It ran 81 issues (September 1970-December 1983). While it featured a lot of reprints, it was always good for a chuckle or two. Here's a fun one that really feels like one of the cartoon episodes with lovely art by Fred Abranz from ish #2 (December 1970--which is actually one of those reprints I was talking about from Dell's Looney Tunes #148 from 1954)...










5 comments:

  1. This could have been turned into a Loony Tune cartoon for the big or small screen.

    Thanks for this levity to brighten our day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It may not be hutch, but it's home" might just be the subtlest gag in a Bugs Bunny story, ever. Love it.

    TECHNICAL NOTE: I find that in Firefox the smaller thumbnails in the right-hand column don't work. They do link to the expanded image properly in other browsers. This is something I experience only at Diversions, and in all articles, not just this one. (I use a bookmark sidebar in Firefox, which might have something to do with the issue.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the thumbnails work for me in Firefox (as well as in Chrome and Edge). Have you tried right-clicking on the images? I wonder if anyone else is having similar problems?

      Delete
    2. Heh! I closed the sidebar and tried again, and they still didn't work, so I reopened the sidebar and lo and behold, they worked! ...Well, some of them did; the two that didn't let me open the full images in another tab via right-click but I had to reload the tab. It's clearly something wacky in my particular configuration.

      Delete
  3. Who doesn't love Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Special thanks to Mike's Amazing World of Comics and Grand Comics Database for being such fantastic resources for covers, dates, creator info, etc. Thou art treasures true!


Note to "The Man": All images are presumed copyright by the respective copyright holders and are presented here as fair use under applicable laws, man! If you hold the copyright to a work I've posted and would like me to remove it, just drop me an e-mail and it's gone, baby, gone.


All other commentary and insanity copyright GroovyAge, Ltd.

As for the rest of ya, the purpose of this blog is to (re)introduce you to the great comics of the 1970s. If you like what you see, do what I do--go to a comics shop, bookstore, e-Bay or whatever and BUY YOUR OWN!